- 1 Where can I ship large paintings?
- 2 How do you package a large canvas painting?
- 3 How much does it cost to ship a large canvas painting?
- 4 How much does it cost to ship a 16×20 canvas?
- 5 How do you pack a canvas painting in a suitcase?
- 6 How do you pack large artwork?
- 7 How do I pack large photos?
- 8 How do you transport large canvases?
Where can I ship large paintings?
The UPS Store can help with crating and shipping your large art items.
How do you package a large canvas painting?
Properly Packaging your Canvas
- Cover your entire canvas with packing paper, taping it so that no part of the canvas is exposed.
- Wrap the whole canvas in a couple layers of bubble wrap and tape it so that it stays in place.
- If you have any more room, tape on another layer of foam sheets for additional protection.
How much does it cost to ship a large canvas painting?
Small or medium-sized paintings on canvas can be shipped via UPS or Fedex for approximately $10-$50, depending on the size. Declaring value (similar to insurance) will add more to the price of shipping as well. Large paintings that are over 30 inches in one dimension usually cost at least $50 to ship via UPS or Fedex.
How much does it cost to ship a 16×20 canvas?
I just shipped one of my 16×20 paintings and it was $25 to ship through UPS. I would use the post office but they’re so rough with items and they don’t have a box to fit a 16×20 painting.
How do you pack a canvas painting in a suitcase?
Find a box that is a few inches larger than your artwork.
- Take two pieces of cardboard or foam board and cut it down to the inside dimensions of your box.
- Place your artwork inside a sturdy plastic bag to protect against moisture.
- Wrap artwork in at least one layer of bubble wrap, using packing tape to secure it.
How do you pack large artwork?
If you’re moving large pieces of artwork, it’s best to pack each piece in a separate specialty box that is slightly larger than the frame you’re packing. Purchase specialty boxes at a moving supply store or from a truck rental agency. If you can’t find specialty boxes, take apart a used box and flatten it.
How do I pack large photos?
Cut a piece of cardboard or foam board slightly larger than the frame, place it over the glass and secure it with packing tape. Wrap the entire piece in two or more sheets of packing paper and tape loose ends. If you want, add a layer of Bubble Wrap for additional padding and security.
How do you transport large canvases?
Begin wrapping the bubble wrap around the canvas like you did with the paper, and secure it with shipping tape. Place it in the correct size box and fill any extra spaces with foam or a blanket to ensure your canvas stays in one place.