- 1 How can I ship a large painting?
- 2 What is the cheapest way to ship large paintings?
- 3 Where can I ship large paintings?
- 4 How are large paintings shipped internationally?
- 5 How much does it cost to ship a large canvas painting?
- 6 How do I ship a large flat item?
- 7 How do you ship an unframed oil painting?
- 8 How much does it cost to ship a 16×20 painting?
- 9 How big is a FedEx large box?
- 10 Is original art duty free?
How can I ship a large painting?
Instead of packing peanuts, always use bubble wrap to pack paintings. Large, 1” bubble wrap is typically recommended. Not lining your painting before wrapping in bubble wrap. If bubble wrap comes into direct contact with the surface of your painting, it may stick to the varnish and leave an imprint.
What is the cheapest way to ship large paintings?
USPS is the Cheapest Way to Ship a Canvas or Painting If you’re looking for the cheapest way to ship your hard canvas, the best option is to ship with the US Postal Service. USPS offers the best mix of affordable rates and quick delivery times, as long as your canvas isn’t too big.
Where can I ship large paintings?
The UPS Store can help with crating and shipping your large art items.
How are large paintings shipped internationally?
How to ship a painting on canvas?
- acid-free archival tissue paper or glassine paper to protect the surface of the work;
- plastic sheeting or bag to protect the painting against moisture;
- bubble wrap for padding;
- sturdy cardboard or foam board to form a ‘sandwich’ with the artwork inside;
How much does it cost to ship a large canvas painting?
Small or medium-sized paintings on canvas can be shipped via UPS or Fedex for approximately $10-$50, depending on the size. Declaring value (similar to insurance) will add more to the price of shipping as well. Large paintings that are over 30 inches in one dimension usually cost at least $50 to ship via UPS or Fedex.
How do I ship a large flat item?
Cheapest ways to ship heavy boxes USPS Parcel Select offers competitive commercial shipping rates on parcels up to 70 pounds. FedEx Ground also has commercial discounts with a 70-pound weight limit. For even heavier items, try UPS Ground. The service accepts packages that weigh up to 150 pounds.
How do you ship an unframed oil painting?
Find a box that is a few inches larger than your artwork.
- Take two pieces of cardboard or foam board and cut it down to the inside dimensions of your box.
- Place your artwork inside a sturdy plastic bag to protect against moisture.
- Wrap artwork in at least one layer of bubble wrap, using packing tape to secure it.
How much does it cost to ship a 16×20 painting?
I just shipped one of my 16×20 paintings and it was $25 to ship through UPS. I would use the post office but they’re so rough with items and they don’t have a box to fit a 16×20 painting.
How big is a FedEx large box?
FedEx Box – Large Inside dimensions: 17.88″ x 12.38″ x 3″ (45.40 cm x 31.43 cm x 7.62 cm). Maximum weight allowed: 20 lbs. (9.07 kg). Weight when empty: 14.5 oz.
Is original art duty free?
In the UK, original works of art are “import duty free”, but there will still be 5 per cent VAT to pay if they come from outside the EU. A good dealer will advise on how to complete the paperwork and will probably be able to arrange shipping, but it’s wise to shop around.