- 1 Where is the best place to sell my paintings?
- 2 How can I sell my paintings?
- 3 How do I ship a painting abroad?
- 4 Is it legal to sell copies of paintings?
- 5 How do I sell my artwork?
- 6 How do I price my art?
- 7 Where can I sell my old paintings?
- 8 How do I sell my high end paintings?
- 9 How do I ship a valuable painting?
- 10 How can I ship art cheaply?
- 11 How do I ship an oil painting?
- 12 Can I sell prints of famous paintings?
- 13 Can I paint a picture of a celebrity and sell it?
- 14 Can I copy an artists work and sell it?
Where is the best place to sell my paintings?
The 10 Best Sites For Selling Your Art in 2020
- ArtFire. Similar to Etsy, this staple art selling site has been operating for around ten years and has almost 300,000 unique monthly visitors.
- Saatchi Art.
How can I sell my paintings?
Selling the Work Choose how you wish to sell the paintings. Alternatives include online auction sites, brick-and-mortar auction houses, a consignment gallery, online art sites and private dealers. If you’re offering more than one artist’s work, you could set up your own gallery or online site.
How do I ship a painting abroad?
Here is how you can send a rolled painting by post or by courier.
- Put the artwork between two layers of glassine and roll it around the smaller mailing tube.
- Secure the roll with a piece of adhesive paper. Make sure it can be easily removed.
- Roll bubble wrap around the artwork.
- Insert the artwork into the tube.
Is it legal to sell copies of paintings?
It is legal to copy anything. It is illegal to sell, publicize and publish a copy of an artwork unless you have prior permission from the copyright owner. It is also illegal to publish and sell an artwork that’s substantially similar to another original work of art.
How do I sell my artwork?
Yes, you can make money selling art online! Here are some of the best places to virtually sell your art.
- Fine Art America. Fine Art America is the world’s largest online art marketplace and print-on-demand technology company.
How do I price my art?
Pay yourself a reasonable hourly wage, add the cost of materials and make that your asking price. For example, if materials cost $50, you take 20 hours to make the art, and you pay yourself $20 an hour to make it, then you price the art at $450 ($20 X 20 hours + $50 cost of materials).
Where can I sell my old paintings?
How to Sell at Auction. If you have researched your painting and are satisfied that it is reasonably valuable, then you need to approach an auction house. Search online for “antiques auction” or “antiques salesroom” in your city or area.
How do I sell my high end paintings?
Next, choose an audience that will understand the value of your piece
- Discover Potential Buyers. If possible, start with the artist or where you bought the piece.
- Sell through an Auction House.
- Sell in a Gallery.
- Understand the Contract.
- Choosing the Right Vendor.
How do I ship a valuable painting?
Instead of packing peanuts, always use bubble wrap to pack paintings. Large, 1” bubble wrap is typically recommended. Not lining your painting before wrapping in bubble wrap. If bubble wrap comes into direct contact with the surface of your painting, it may stick to the varnish and leave an imprint.
How can I ship art cheaply?
USPS is the Cheapest Way to Ship a Canvas or Painting If you’re looking for the cheapest way to ship your hard canvas, the best option is to ship with the US Postal Service. USPS offers the best mix of affordable rates and quick delivery times, as long as your canvas isn’t too big.
How do I ship an oil painting?
Protect the frame edges and corners with special foam or cardboard protectors. Cover the front and back of the painting with sheets of cardboard and secure them with packing tape. Wrap the entire piece in several layers of bubble wrap. Find a sturdy double- or triple-wall cardboard box and put the painting inside.
Can I sell prints of famous paintings?
Yes, so long as they are no longer protected by copyright. So, for example, anything created by the artists you note would be in the public domain. More recent works may not be.
Can I paint a picture of a celebrity and sell it?
You can sell a fine art painting of a celebrity as long as it is a transformative work of art. This means it needs to be artistic in nature, not just a faithful likeness. The painting cannot copy an existing work of art (including a photo), and cannot interfere with a celebrity’s “right of publicity”.
Can I copy an artists work and sell it?
What is illegal and what is just bad form? If you copy another artists’ work it is illegal to sell it as your own without permission from the original artist as this would infringe their copyright. It being illegal to present artwork as being an original without referencing the work you copied.